Stuffed Bell Peppers Classic Sausage and Peppers Recipe
Green, red and yellow stuffed peppers make a gorgeous and colorful dish that is full of flavor. This recipe only takes about an hour and a half (and one hour of that is baking the stuffed peppers!)… who knew a recipe so beautiful and delicious would be so fast and simple?!?
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup white rice, long grain
- 1 cup water
- 6 bell peppers (red, yellow, green or a combination)
- 2 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup rice with 1 cup of water in a pot. Bring the pot to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover the pot for 20-25 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, brown the groun beef in a pan.
- Cut the top off of the peppers and scoop out the insides.
- Stand up the bell peppers in an oven-safe dish. You may need to cut the bottoms of the peppers a bit to make them flat so that they stand properly.
- Mix together the rice, beef, one of the two cans of tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste (You can get them here).
- Fill the pepper shells with the rice / beef mixture.
- Combine the remaining can of tomato sauce with the italian seasoning and pour this mixture on top of the stuffed peppers.
- Place the peppers in the oven and cook for around 1 hour, checking every 15 minutes to spoon the sauce over the peppers and to check for when the peppers become soft.
All of the above grocery can be purchased online from Rocket Grocery in Delhi.